Personal Summary

My name is Kathy and I am seeking a part-time nanny position. I like to differentiate myself from the “standard nanny” in that I offer more than mere babysitting services. While taking care of your children I strive to provide a safe, nurturing and educational experience, which is fun and creative, as well as beneficial to their personal and mental growth.

I was born and raised in Oklahoma City and moved to British Columbia 7-years-ago. I married my husband 6-years-ago and we currently reside in North Delta. I have one son who is 21-years-old and I am also co-owned by six very spoiled chinchillas.

I have over 27 years of childcare experience. I began babysitting when I was 12-years-old and by the time I had reached the age of 15, I was babysitting three children (ages 4, 6 & 9) during the summer months. Finding I enjoyed spending time with children, I began working as a preschool teacher and volunteering with my local Y.M.C.A. in their craft and sports programs.

As financial situations changed and career goals took over, I shifted gears during my mid 20’s and began working with local hospitals and insurance companies as a hospital auditor and claims adjuster. During that time, I continued to volunteer at hospitals, the Y.M.C.A. and my son’s school in my spare time.

Since moving to Canada, I realized how much I missed working with children and decided it was time to pursue this love once again. More recently, I have worked with three separate families between the years of 2002 and 2008. I also volunteered with Burnaby Hospital Children’s Asthma Clinic from 2002 to 2003.

I'm a very outgoing and creative person. I love learning, exploring and experiencing life. I also consider myself to be very dependable, easy going and I have a great sense of humour. I feel library, arts & crafts, educational games, and creative play are very important ingredients to a child’s overall development. As such, these activities would play an integral part of my time while I’m interacting with the children who are in my care.

At the end of the day, I like to go home knowing I provided a child with a creative and nurturing environment where they can explore and use their imagination and be left with a positive experience of our time spent together.